Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-Holiday Florals

More rain has afforded me a day off. Or is it? There is always so much to do. I did get to the market yesterday though, to see what I could find for Thanksgiving flowers.

I love using pine boughs. Arrangements that would look "spring-y" any other time of year suddenly look like Holiday when paired with pine~

I found lots of green and white, and tucked in some purple lilies~
A few pears went along well too; put them on bamboo skewers and tuck them in~
and the beautiful tuberose fill the room with clean white fragrance~
there are Stargazers too though they are no open yet; they will be perfect by Thursday...
Since we are going to my sister's house Thursday, I think I will divide this group up into our table flowers.
Until Thursday though, we will just enjoy them in the dining room.

11 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your beautiful selection. We don't share the wealth here on the opposite coast. The pairing of greens and fruits adds such a festive feel.

    Have a wonderful week ahead ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea these are fabulous florals, I love your selections and color palette!


    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a real gift, Andrea! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Andrea! I'm looking forward to doing my Christmas flowers and greens.

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY! Im your newest follower and LOOOOOOVE the Flowers!!! Your site is BEAUTIFUL!! Im hooked! I have an interior design buss and blog and im doing 14 days of xmas trees...I would BEYOND ADORE you to visit! I also have a giveaway

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the addition of the pears. We received about 10 in our organic basket last Saturday and a few are already turning brown. Any tips other than to go ahead and make a tart?:)

    Call me and yes, there was MUCH squeeling in Pennsylvania yesterday. I imagine you will be getting a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea, Your floral arrangement is beautiful! My grandmother owned a floral shop and she made the most gorgeous arrangements. Unfortunately I did not inherit her talent. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely floral arrangements.
    Hugs.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just sat down my lunch of V8 juice, which is my main meal during these busy, crazy days, and I'm heading out to the flower market. Even though I'm cooking, cooking, cooking this week.... the flowers are my favourites! Wishing you a sublime Thanksgiving! How wonderful that all the dogs are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'aime et j'adore le panier fourre-tout, elle était pleine de l'amour créateur.
    Je vais vous ajouter à mon inspiration.
    Amour et bénédictions à votre famille l'Action de grâces
    xx
    Dore

    I love and adore the basket tote, I am adding you as well, I am enjoying your inspiration as well!

    Love and blessings to your family Thanksgiving
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete