Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Retail Therapy

I have barely recovered from the big birthday party, magazine shoot and basement muck-out.  Dad is ready to visit a few of his kids and muck out their homes.  Needing a little down-time and since the house is so much lighter, why not do a little shopping?  One of my favorite French antiques dealers is Sara from C’est La Vie Antiques in north San Diego.  If you are in the area, be sure to stop by. You can also shop online.  I would kill to have this, a Parisian marble-top island~

IMG_7485

love the mirrors~

IMG_7467 - Copy

love the mix~

IMG_7499

Sara goes to Europe more than any dealer I know; she has great stuff, authentic, not copies~

IMG_7487

IMG_7488 - Copy

IMG_7489

She said this was “light” on merch, but there was lots of great stuff; the next container will arrive soon, she has many throughout the year~

IMG_7468 - Copy

this meridienne or chaise longue is on my list~

IMG_7490

as well as this Italian commode, fab~

IMG_7491

There is lots of other goodness to be found~

IMG_7492IMG_7495IMG_7497IMG_7500IMG_7480IMG_7501

Be sure to visit Sara if you are in town; I will blog on her new merch later. 

9 comments:

  1. Need a shopping buddy?
    There are many pieces you've shared that I *need* in our home. I guess that means a return visit to CA ... oh darn :)

    Hope you find a few down minutes to rest and recoup.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do take a nice rest and have a hot cuppa! It never fails to revive. The merchandise is wonderful, although it would not suit my place. I would not have room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I needed Andrea! Can we have a friendly 'match' for that marble topped island?
    Bonne journée,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy with my little eye a sweet little seat or two). But I would recover it in yummy metis versus the lavender velvet. :)

    You should link up this sweet wandering find on the linky party. More people should see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea I adore the mirrors and those lavender velvet pieces are dreamy! I don't know how I missed this shop when I lived in San Diego.

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely things, I loved the sconces the most!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had an upholster like the guy who did this work..
    Maine needs a good upholstery shop. We have one and she robs everyone, because she is the only game in town.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came back for a second look. Ta Ta for now

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete