Friday, March 23, 2012

The “It Bag” 2012

Ever wonder what the totally stylish will carry for a market tote?  Not just the Chic, but the Impossibly Chic??  Victoria Beckham would never be seen in Ugg boots or yoga pants, even though everyone else in Los Angeles wears them for running out and about.  Several years ago someone caught her in sweats but she covered her head in a XL jacket to hide her face.  What does Posh carry to the market, why an Hermes Birkin, of course, here a few weeks ago in Hollywood~

beckham shopping farmers market

Nice persimmon sheath; I don’t recognize this flower; looks like lavender but we are early in that season now~

hollywood farmers market

I would have thought she would carry something like this, Hermes 2011…nice…I Want It~

Overhours-Hermes-Kellybag (1)

The more natural celebs carry an authentic French tote, here Jennifer Garner with my Moroccan “Bandol” tote in Palisades~

ben-affleck-435

The Bandol basket has sold really well since this photo came out.  It is in stock in limited supply now, but I have been thinking, how to make it better?  Could that be possible, for a classic classic?  The answer is yes; here is my favorite bag for 2012, I am calling it the Beaune~

IMG_5930

This morning a group of us went to the Venice farmers market and filled the basket full of all kinds of goodness: mint, fresh or “green” garlic, broccolini and pea shoots to name just a few of our purchases. The fat strap (just over an inch wide) closes off the palm bag; all trim is in very soft lambskin~

IMG_5931

Raquel made the call for our lunch spot; Gjelina on Abbot Kinney.  Inspired by local and fresh produce; the food is really amazing, and the atmosphere is really cool; I’ll be back here soon for dinner; this image is going on my Pinterest boards, in case I find a space for a hanging lamp or floor lamp in Beaune~

IMG_5935

We brought along Raquel’s daughter J to model a little for us, and also enjoy the food of course.  The basket filled with fresh produce also sat on the table, kind of like another person in this pic; it looks huge next to her but that’s because J is so thin~  It is about 13 1/2” tall to the top of the basket body and 22” wide at rest; there are 9” between the top of the basket body and the bottom of the handles~

IMG_5937

I had a salad with beets and burrata, one of my favs (a mozzarella pouch filled with fresh crème), and a little arugula, citrus and walnuts; outstanding!

IMG_5940

And a latte, make it a pretty one, please~

IMG_5949

I didn’t take a lot of photos of the interior of the restaurant, but I will be back; loved the simple citrus on the bar, in front of the communal tables~

IMG_5957

Next door is Gjelina to Go, equally delicious.  We were able to get a plate of mixed salads and bring it back to the restaurant; here you can see how well the basket sits on the shoulder~

IMG_5961

As well as in your hand; the soft lambskin is better than anything sisal or plastique, a mon avis and holds well in your hand~

IMG_5964

I love this basket; I have ordered it in quantity, though the balance of the shipment has yet to arrive, this one will sell out fast and I will surely carry it in the future~

IMG_5967

The Beaune basket will be available at the Corona del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe and Pacific Palisades markets as well as online and in select retailers nationwide.

IMG_5979

email info@frenchbasketeer.com to be notified when the new shipment arrives, soon~

IMG_5980

See you at the markets!~

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Beaune basket!! :) Wonderful post Andrea!! Enjoy your weekend my friend~ xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baskets and so practical. They are so popular here in Paris. Happy to heaer that you have a big shipment coming in.
    Bon week-end,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been carrying the IT bag for years. Bought in France at a country store for a song.

    Leather strap? Ha, I tie a vintage wide silk ribbon around mine.

    Never use this bag without women approaching me.....

    You are right about IT.

    XO T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that light fixture! Amazing! Yet another reason I covet a bottle drying rack. :) The restaurant looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the basket bag...beautiful model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea your new bag is really wonderful and yes, destined to become a classic. It looks great filled with market greens! I enjoyed hearing about your lunch spot and the setting, just perfect.

    I have been seeing fixtures like this, and a new shop that opened recently have them in several sizes!

    Miss our talks!Have a fun weekend!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    The 2012 Artist Series

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have one like yours...I know I got it in France when we lived there...perhaps Beaune. I use mine even at Von's.
    You have such beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. I will keep this in mind for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you live your life. Everything is delicious, from the gorgeous baskets to the food to the decor. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my..I love the new bag! I know it will be a best seller.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lavender--true lavender; looks like lavendula austifolia to me. Not so early, really; my French lavender blooms in January every year.

    I used some burlap today from you in a picture of rice and bean burritos. My husband commented on how much he loved it as a background, and I was thinking that I will be using it again for a background; it was a wonderful textural addition to the photo. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THese modeling/staged basket shots are just gorgeous!!!! I really, really, really love what you have done here... and come on, don't we all dress like Victoria to go to the market???

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful post, and I'm excited to have found you.
    Wonderful photos, and just the right amount of very engaging text.
    And I do want one of those gorgeous bags! What is the cost, when you do get the rest of your stock in, and how much do they weigh?
    Merci for a fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that bag... may have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting one of these bags pronto! I just came over from the Polished Pebble after reading about her orange one and then have been catching up on your blog. I see that you are in Laguna? Retail space? How have I missed this? I drive from Dana Point through Laguna to Crustal Cove every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks fantastic! I love it. Love the pics of the resturaunt too! Wishing you a wonderful Easter Holiday!

    Best,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Must have this bag, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN IT COMES IN.
    Many thanks,
    Helen

    helenwell@aol.com

    ReplyDelete